Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meet the Legionnaire

I have my domain again! The name had grown on me, I was rather annoyed at the possibility of changing.

This week I want to talk about the Legionnaire. The Legionnaire is a front line soldier, he's one of the sturdiest units in the game and he hits hard.
  • He can attack with his spear. His spear gives him reach and lets him hit two people at the same time. It is one of the more damaging attacks in the game.
  • Shield Wall can offer a defensive bonus to all of his nearby friends. Unlike just defending, the skill he uses lasts longer than a single turn.
  • He can throw a spear at range. Not as deadly as his spear is at close range, but still a useful tool to hit anyone that tries to flee.
  • The final attack is Spear Dance. This hits everyone who got too close, for about as much damage as the throwing spear.
The Legionnaire is not exactly the most versatile of classes, but he's sturdy and a good damage dealer. His biggest weaknesses are that he is very slow, and does not manage buffs or status effects very well. His Shield Wall skill really helps survivability, but if you get him stuck or slowed, he's in trouble.

Currently, the Legionnaire is the second recruit-able class. I'd used the starter classes in other situations, usually in larger groups with other classes, and thought they were quite good, and I thought the Legionnaire was underpowered. The first time I tried the Legionnaire battle I failed horribly. I had to scale it back, the two starter classes just couldn't handle a pair of Legionnaire's.

Next week: I have no idea who to introduce. I want to cover either one of the casters, or one of the summoners. It'll be a suprise for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment