Sunday, September 27, 2009

brb, Texas

This next week is pretty much shot, I'm working weird hours in Texas. This means travelling, working weird hours, and stumbling back home somehow. I expect to accomplish very little until the weekend. Good news though. I only have six characters left to illustrate!

If you haven't noticed, I'm only doing two still images for each character. I'm only one man, and pixel art eats free time. Each character has a front side and a back side, and the images are flipped as needed. Basically I have six front sides left. Luckily the back sides go a lot quicker, I have 12 so far, and they took much less time. For the initial drawing, I have to do some research and get an idea for the character, and then translate that into a character that is unique and identifiable. I don't have to do the research and play with colors for the backs, all I have to do is continue the style I already created. Easier, if a bit mindless.

While I can go in any order, I've been working through the characters in order. I'll finish the last 6, then do all the back images. Put the resources in the game, add in the character stats, name, etc. Then I'll work on giving all the characters their attack set. Along the way I'll have to create art for the summons. (I'll find out as I go, but it looks like I have 11 summons to make. In terms of technical art quality, none of them should pose a major challenge, though I still haven't decided how to approach a few.)

No comments:

Post a Comment