Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Update

Accomplished:
World map (needs to be really tested)
Character selection screen (needs work, but functional)
Some behind the scenes stuff to manage battles
Game loading (may need more debug)
Three new characters added, several more drawn
Basically, I'm about where I wanted to be, slightly short, but close

I set some lofty goals that I secretly thought weren't obtainable, but managed to finish.

I sat down and finally plotted out the world map on paper, and selected all the characters I wanted to use out of my idea pool. I'm sitting at 59 right now, but definitely subject to change. I then went through the ones I want to use and sort of specced out what I want their attacks to be. This makes it much easier to add characters.

I'm getting better with the art style. At first my designs were very simple (see the pirate), but they've gotten steadily more detailed, and I really think they look good. It makes me want to go back and revise some early designs, but I don't think I really should re-invest that time for now. It's really hard to make some of the classes look better.

There's a lot of polish to be done, and nothing happens when you win or lose. That leads into this weeks plan...

ToDo:
Victory and failure screens
Saving games
I really need to focus on the characters and animations after this. I've got half a dozen needing to be put in and animated, and I'd like to make some more.
After that, I'll try to start in on the terrain, as that will be another time sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment