Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Squire

Every young man wants to grow up to be a knight at some point. Most don't make it past being a squire.


So this is the squire. He's a knight in training, and he and the bard make up your starting crew. He's a well rounded attacker, if a bit fragile.

  • He doesn't have the power of grown warrior, but he is still trained with his sword. His first attack is just a basic slash.
  • His second attack is to gather up his courage. This gives him an attack buff.
  • His third attack is to flee in the face of danger, it gives him a little health, and a speed boost (which unlike some other speed boosts, can be used immediately.)
  • The final move is one common to many warriors. Take a second to gather his bearings and recover. This heals him for a fair bit.

Between being able to run away and heal effectivly, he's not a bad fighter to keep with you through the game. Bit on the weak side, but he makes up for that with the flee ability.

I don't have anymore lore or anything. I wanted to profile one of the crazier classes, but I forgot till the last minute and need to do the reverse images for all the classes I was thinking of covering.

Attack animations are going very smoothly. Actually better than expected. Real work means I want to come home and not program, so I've put in very little time. That's ok though, because I'm flying through the attacks. I'm not halfway done, but finishing the animations this weekend is a distinct possiblity.

Below the cut, some short thoughts on difficulty.


I am not going to get the difficulty in this game right. I'm afraid that smart players will fly through the game. I had a quick thought, with very little effort, I can create a "Hard Mode" for each level. Unlike some of my other ideas extras (namely challenges), this is relatively work-light. I have to do some AI adjustment, and for every level, I have to spend an extra minute of setup. Most the framework is there already.

It will give me a chance to include enemies I wouldn't otherwise in some levels and make things trickier. I know now it will be very lightly tested. I'm not even going to say every hard mode level will be beatable, but that's ok.

I was going to post some editorial, but I'm just not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment