Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Press-Releasening

I totally wasn't prepared for my game being released. Last I checked I still needed like 7 more reviewers. I found out it was approved when I checked my email at work, and it was on the marketplace by the time I got home.

I've written up a press-release-thingy. It has bullet points. I don't have much else to say about it.

Mercury Wave Studio is proud to announce the release of our first video game, available now on the Xbox Live Indie Game marketplace for just 80p (~1USD).

Storybook Tactics is a turn-based tactical strategy game with a unique pixel art style. Necromancers have cast a mind-controlling spell over the great warriors of the land. It's up to a squire and a wizard in training, along with whatever help they can find, to defeat the necromancers and lift the spell. Explore the world and defeat the cursed warriors to free them and recruit them to your team. Choose who you send into battle wisely - each warrior’s unique skills will be useful in the fight ahead.
  • More than 20 levels - from swamps to caves, and temples to pirate ships
  • More than 25 unique characters to recruit
  • Explore a large, branching world map
  • Think it's too easy? After defeating the necromancers, try hard mode for a real challenge.
  • All this, for just a dollar (80 points)

You can find screenshots and a trailer for the game on the marketplace page, here.

Did I mention it's only a dollar? Because at 80 points - it is.

Now to send off some review copies.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Just letting you know that Storybook Tactics has won our Xbox Live Indie Game of the Week Roundup at Dealspwn.com and has received a glowing review.

    http://www.dealspwn.com/xbligotw-storybook-tactics-tempura-of-the-dead/

    I can't your email address anywhere, but it'd be great if you drop me a line (my email address is on site).

    Congrats and all the best,

    Jon Lester (Dealspwn Indie Correspondent/News Editor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the coverage and the glowing review! Sorry I didn't send you a copy off the bat, I'm only now discovering all these sites that cover XBLIG.

    ReplyDelete