Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Hit the Button

Game is submitted. Not sure what to do while I wait. I suppose review other people's games. Otherwise I'll come off as some professional game developer that doesn't give back to the community.

I bring this up because there was a surprisingly nasty forum thread on an indie game that went in for review a few weeks ago. It sounded like it was a larger studio that couldn't do an arcade release and went with XBLIG since they were mostly done anyway. Things turned nasty and personal quickly.

I really felt sorry for the developers. Basically everything they had done was an affront to the 'scene' as it were. So very middle-school-circa-1997-ish. I suppose it was probably the best-tested indie game ever, just because it had so many eyes looking for an excuse to fail.

Yeah, don't want to be in their shoes. Relevant (2nd half very very NSFW).

No comments:

Post a Comment