Monday, November 15, 2010

Quotes From the Interweb

Storybook Tactics is easily one of the best strategy games on the 360 and the best of the genre I've played all year, and that's including XBLA and retail 360 releases.
Wow. Just wow.
Storybook Tactics, on the other hand, provides engaging and accessible tactical fun without compromising depth.
Indie Game of the Week from DealSpwn. I'm quite happy with that, since Tempura of the Dead came out the same week.
in only my fifth or sixth battle, I was using the Pirate's "Flash Powder" to keep three enemies stunned each turn, while a Knight lowered their Defense and a Legionnaire picked them off two at a time.
From xbla ratings. I think that's a great description.

I'm a bit disappointed with the rating on the channel itself, but I'm not surprised. It doesn't have the immediate payoff and instant hook to be really successful on the platform. Sales have been pretty poor if I'm honest, but I don't mind. I'm just happy to make a game I enjoy.

Also, in the comment for the first review I found this:
There is little real info about it anywhere inline and the demo is too short to get a feel for the game.
Eek!

1 comment:

  1. As a big FFT fan, I liked and bought Storybook Tactics almost instantly. After playing and realizing the action/recharge system has some real balance and depth that I've rarely seen before, I'm hooked! Thanks for making such a great SPRG in an age when there aren't many new ones around.

    ReplyDelete